The S-COH-S project, entitled "Strengthening the social cohesion and capacity of local youth, refugees, and migrants through the creation of STEAM areas," is based on the use of STEAM tools as means of integration of migrants and refugees.
STEAM tools encompass activities related to learning through science, technology, engineering, the arts, maths, and music. This project aims to establish spaces for the generation and sharing of this type of resources among the entities that are part of it throughout Europe, with the aim of applying them to their respective organizations.
The project aims to increase social cohesion and strengthen the resilience of young participants, who include migrants, refugees and local groups, by developing their skills in STEM/STEAM fields and sport and their inclusion in social spaces. The project will showcase successful practices in social cohesion to provide a resource for integrated social policies and contribute to the international literature.
- Prepare and develop professional skills to improve the inclusion of migrants and refugees in an educational environment
- Raise awareness in communities about the relevance of including the people who make up our environments with the values of inclusion and respect for diversity.
- Develop a set of STEAM tool trainings in the local community to disseminate and be able to apply them on a day-to-day basis
On the one hand, the project consists of three trainings where participating entities meet to train in STEAM tools and generate resource banks. These are the following
- First formation - from 9 to 16 October 2022 in Coma-ruga, Catalonia. Focused on arts and science.
- Second training - from 14 to 20 September 2023 in Setúbal, Portugal. Focused on maths, sports, and technology.
- Third training - in the second semester of 2024 in Turkey.
On the other hand, AHEAD organizes workshops to share knowledges on STEAM tools, on the content of the training, in Barcelona and other locations in Catalonia.
The consortium of organizations includes:
Göçmen Hakları ve Sosyal Uyum Derneği (Turkey) - as leader organization
Positiva Milano (Italy)
SOPRO Solidariedade e Promoção ONGD (Portugal)
Mano Europa (Lithuania)
Lithuanian Business University of Applied Sciences (Lithuania)
The project is co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission.