For information on current training courses, check regularly our blog.
The local and international Educational Activities implemented by AHEAD since its foundation are available in catalan in the following link
At international level, AHEAD is involved in the implementation of the following international project:
GAINKids: Global Citizenship for Kids
The Strategic Partnership “GAINKids: Global Citizenship for Kids" started in October 2020 and will last till March 2023.
The project addresses Global Citizenship, Diversity, Gender equality, Non Discrimination and Equal Opportunities for the preschool education sector.
Based on the Convention on the Rights of the Child, GAINkids focuses on its dimensions: Survival and Development Rights (Provention Rights), Protection Rights and Participation Rights.
Aims and Objectives
Considering educators and professional of education, fundamental agents in the construction of the process of Citizenship and Equal Opportunities, the project aims to:
- Train professionals to work on the Rights of the Child in the context of a kindergarten;
- Sensitize families to the importance of the Rights of the Child, respect and acceptance of difference;
- Involve children in the reflection and production of the project's development instruments.
Gainkids focuses on the following areas of intervention:
- Pedagogical Training – Teachers and children
- Professional Training – Training teachers and auxiliaries/professionals
- School Community – Working with the families and in the community in a School approach logic
A transverse program to develop, training and disseminate a pedagogical toolkit. The strategy set seven priority areas:
- Global Citizenship: What are we talking about?
- Equal Opportunities for all Children
- Citizenship and Participation
- Gender Equality and Gender Identity
- Non Discrimination
- Social and Family Participation
The European Coordinator of the project is the Associação de Profissionais de Educação de Infância - APEI
Besides AHEAD, this Strategic Partnership project is implemented by the organisations of the consortium:
- Aidlearn Portugal
- UNIWERSYTET LODZKI Poland
- INSTITUTO POLITECNICO DE BRAGANCA Portugal
- Associazione Culturale Piccabulla – Italy
Global Citizenship for Kids in Barcelona
In 2022 Barcelona will host multiple events related to the project's development.
In the coming months further information will be published on this website.
Educators and Institutions interested in joining the project, please contact us at:
- Focus Group in Barcelona
- Local Stakeholders
- Dissemination strategy
Materials and Intellectual Outcomes
The materials about the Project as well as conclusions and recommendations will be shared with the wider public on the web page, which is under construction now. Soon we will happily share it with you.
1. Story Books and video Collection:
• Country surveys of the conceptions, knowledge and practices on Global Education;
• Focus group of professionals / institutions with good practices;
• Stories about each of the dimensions that are presented: Equal Opportunities for all Children, Gender Equality and Gender Identity; Non Discrimination; Diversity; Social and Family Participation;
• Books translated into and would have a small Exploration Guide, for professionals and families;
• Videos produced from the stories including ways in which educators have worked in their professional contexts and with families;
• Dissemination of these books and videos throughout the professional early childhood education community in each country;
2. Handbook "Global Citizenship for kids in Practice", with suggestions and some proposals for working tools, targeted to professionals and educators leading with children.
3. Guide and a Short animated movie to work with the families and in the community.