The Strategic Partnership “GAINKids: Global Citizenship for Kids" provides educational innovative tools on diversity, gender equality, non-discrimination and equal-opportunities for the early school education sector.
The project intellectual outcomes are based on the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and it focuses on its dimensions: Survival and Development Rights (Provention Rights), Protection Rights and Participation Rights.
Considering educators and professional of education, fundamental agents in the construction of the process of Citizenship and Equal Opportunities, the project aims to:
- Train professionals to work on the Rights of the Child in the context of a early school education;
- Sensitize families to the importance of the Rights of the Child, respect and acceptance of difference;
- Involve children in the reflection and production of the project's development instruments.
Gainkids focuses on the following areas of intervention:
- Pedagogical Training – Teachers and children
- Professional Training – Training teachers and auxiliaries/professionals
- School Community – Working with the families and in the community in a School approach logic
A transverse program to develop, training and disseminate a pedagogical toolkit. The strategy set seven priority areas:
- Global Citizenship: What are we talking about?
- Equal Opportunities for all Children
- Citizenship and Participation
- Gender Equality and Gender Identity
- Non Discrimination
- Social and Family Participation
The European Coordinator of the project is the Associação de Profissionais de Educação de Infância - APEI
Besides AHEAD, this Strategic Partnership project is implemented by the organisations of the consortium:
In 2022 Barcelona will host multiple events related to the project's development.
In the coming months further information will be published on this website.
Educators and Institutions interested in joining the project, please contact us at:
- Focus Group in Barcelona
- Local Stakeholders
- Dissemination strategy
The materials about the Project as well as conclusions and recommendations will be shared with the wider public on the web page, which is under construction now. Soon we will happily share it with you.
1. Story Books and video Collection:
• Country surveys of the conceptions, knowledge and practices on Global Education;
• Focus group of professionals / institutions with good practices;
• Stories about each of the dimensions that are presented: Equal Opportunities for all Children, Gender Equality and Gender Identity; Non Discrimination; Diversity; Social and Family Participation;
• Books translated into and would have a small Exploration Guide, for professionals and families;
• Videos produced from the stories including ways in which educators have worked in their professional contexts and with families;
• Dissemination of these books and videos throughout the professional early childhood education community in each country;
2. Handbook "Global Citizenship for kids in Practice", with suggestions and some proposals for working tools, targeted to professionals and educators leading with children.
3. Guide and a Short animated movie to work with the families and in the community.