GAINKids: Global Citizenship for Kids addresses Global Citizenship, Diversity, Gender equality, Non Discrimination and Equal Opportunities for the preschool education sector.
Based on the Convention on the Rights of the Child, GAINkids addresses the complementarity of Prevention, Provision, Protection and Participation rights.
Considering educators and professional of education, fundamental agents in the construction of the process of Citizenship and Equal Opportunities, the project aims to:
- Train and develop professionals’ competences to address global citizenship education and the rights of the child in the context of the early school education sector;
- Sensitize families and communities to the importance of the rights of the child, the education for the global justice and to value and respect the diversity;
- Develop global citizenship education materials for the early school education sector and involve children in the reflection and production of the project's development instruments.
Gainkids focuses on the following areas of intervention:
- Pedagogical training – Educators and children
- Professional training – Developing competences of educators and auxiliaries/professionals
- Early school community – Working with the families and in the community in the early school approaches
- A transversal programme to develop, train and disseminate the pedagogical toolkit.
The strategy identifies seven priority areas:
- Global Citizenship
- Equal Opportunities for all Children
- Citizenship and Participation
- Gender Equality and Gender Identity
- Non Discrimination
- Community and Family Participation
The European Coordinator of the project is the Associação de Profissionais de Educação de Infância - APEI
Besides AHEAD, this Strategic Partnership project is implemented by the organisations of the consortium:
In 2022 Barcelona will host multiple events related to the project's development.
In the coming months further information will be published on this website.
Educators and Institutions interested in joining the project, please contact us at:
- Focus Group in Barcelona
- Local Stakeholders
- Dissemination strategy
The materials about the Project as well as conclusions and recommendations will be shared with the wider public on the web page, which is under construction now. Soon we will happily share it with you.
1. Story Books and video Collection:
• Country surveys of the conceptions, knowledge and practices on Global Education;
• Focus group of professionals / institutions with good practices;
• Stories about each of the dimensions that are presented: Equal Opportunities for all Children, Gender Equality and Gender Identity; Non Discrimination; Diversity; Social and Family Participation;
• Books translated into and would have a small Exploration Guide, for professionals and families;
• Videos produced from the stories including ways in which educators have worked in their professional contexts and with families;
• Dissemination of these books and videos throughout the professional early childhood education community in each country;
2. Handbook "Global Citizenship for kids in Practice", with suggestions and some proposals for working tools, targeted to professionals and educators leading with children.
3. Guide and a Short animated movie to work with the families and in the community.